Friday, May 18, 2007

"Alright, Mr. Demille, I'm ready for my close-up."

Today is the day that we get to take a look at our baby for the first time!
Everyone wants to know if we're going to find out the sex of the baby, but that's not what I'm most excited about.
I've been feeling the baby move for weeks now, and building a quiet relationship with this invisible little one. I can't wait to see those little arms and legs, the bottom of the foot--a classic ultrasound view--the string of pearls that make up the baby's backbone, to watch the baby stretch and kick, and maybe even blow bubbles or suck its thumb. If we're lucky, we'll get a glimpse of the baby's face--a ghostly, negative image of a face that we will see in full color in a handful of months, that we will adore for the rest of our lives.
If we're even luckier, we'll learn that our baby is healthy, flawless, and just the right size.

And yes, we might get to see what's between the baby's legs. But I don't think I'm gonna tell.

2 comments:

Ms. Mayhem said...

PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE Tell!!!!

Anonymous said...

I know, I know... it is a boy!