Saturday, November 24, 2007

Projects Update!

Believe it or not, y'all, I'm still finding time to knit! That is likely to change (save the two hours I set aside every week for my knitting group) when I return to work (GASP!) a week from Monday, but in the meantime I knit on. Here's what's been on my needles of late:I knitted this hat for Erika's birthday... it wasn't finished in time for her actual birthday on the 10th, but I did wrap it up in time for K & C's pre-Thanksgiving turkey dinner on the 17th......followed by the matching scarf, which I just finished up today, but E has not yet laid eyes or hands (or neck) on.






Here's what I just cast on, in the car on the way to Ted's folks' place up in Minnesota. You can see the pattern card in this photo--a sweet little jumper for Mae Clara, in a seafoam-y green. I'm knitting in Shine Sport, that super little cotton-modal blend yarn from Knit Picks. I even had to pull back a few rounds and pick up the stitches (while in the car on the way home from MN yesterday), but managed to do so without major mishaps, and I'm making good progress. Easy pattern, adorable (I expect) results.


This is pretty interesting, too... my sister sent this to me from Denmark. Yes, she sent me a blanket she'd been knitting for Arlo, midway through the project, along with the balls of yarn (still attached, as you can see), and the pattern... in Danish. In a recent phone conversation, she mentioned that she was having trouble finishing it, though I don't recall exactly what the trouble is/was, and I offered to give it a go. I thought it would be neat for Carrie and me to share a project, seeing as how she lives overseas and she just hasn't been able to make it to my weekly knitting group. (Although, to be fair, she did come to the group once a couple of years ago, but the bad news is, she caused a tornado that wreaked major havoc on Iowa City that April. So anyway.) I've never knitted with this many colors at once, but I think I can do it. It's just a simple stockinette stitch, and the puzzle-piece pattern (cute!) is plotted out on a chart that I should be able to follow without knowing Danish. I look forward to working on this next, and may be enlisting the assistance of some of my fellow Knit Wits group members to help decipher the chart and figure out how to handle all those balls.

No comments: