Tuesday, August 07, 2007

How it feels on Day 227


Some of you did not know that I have a tattoo on my belly. Because I got this tat on a whim in Waterloo, while there with my best friend for the state pool tournament, I am a little insecure that it may not mean what they told me it means. It's supposed to be the Japanese character for "beautiful" -- and my best gal got the Chinese symbol for "woman" tattooed on her arm. Well, we think so, anyway. It's probably safe to say that Waterlooian tattoo artists (um, tattoo artists in general?) are not exactly well known for their foreign language prowess, so it may well say "ham sandwich" or, um, I don't know, "My kid's an honor student." I'm afraid to find out.

What I do know is that it's getting bigger by the day, and I can no longer see it in person. I enjoyed taking these "forced perspective" pics using my camera phone, and I thought y'all might like them too.

1 comment:

heetmyser said...

I may be mistaken, but I think I saw that same symbol next to the "Mongolian Beef" item on the menu at China Garden.