Wednesday, January 07, 2009

You Go, Girl

I am proud to report that Macy peed in the potty for the second time last night!

I've noticed that she often pees on the floor right when I take her diaper off for bath time at night--so I got out Arlo's potty chair and tried sitting her down on it right at that crucial time. My first successful attempt was three nights ago--and I made such a big deal about it, you would've thought I'd won the lottery. I squealed and clapped, laughed, cried, hugged. I think Macy was a little taken aback--but I was so proud.

Night before last, I tried again--but she couldn't hold it, and peed on the floor and all over her legs after I slipped her diaper off--but before I could get her on the potty.

Last night, it worked like a charm. Macy seemed to know exactly what to do, and as soon as she had tinkled a bit, she stood up and looked at it, and pointed in the potty with a big goofy grin on her face. Arlo and Ted came in to catch the tail end of the show, and joined me in making a big fuss over our big girl's mad potty skillz.

I'm truly not in a hurry to have Macy completely potty-trained (Arlo took about a year and a half from first interest to accident-free), but I have to admit that it is exciting to see the light at the end of the diaper tunnel. Hooray!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You mean this is it? You guys make such cute babies, it seems a shame to stop now...

-Mari