Monday, November 13, 2006

Arloween

Happy Arloween! Here's the little guy in his fifties-greaser get-up. I wanted him to be Elvis for Halloween, and that's what I told him he was dressed up as. He doesn't know who Danny Zucco or the Fonz are, and probably wouldn't get the idea that he was dressed like a period character from popular culture history---but he knows who Elvis is, so we went with that.

If you know me at all, you know that I love Elvis (case in point: one of my cats is named Presley). So I have no reservations about Arlo being Elvis for Halloween. In fact, I'm thinking about dressing him as Elvis EVERY year until he is old enough to physically overpower me in favor of wearing a different costume.

But I digress. I can't, with a clear conscience, claim that Arlo was really dressed like Elvis.

Why?

Let's face it, folks. I don't think Elvis would've been caught dead in high top sneakers. But let me tell you, it is not an easy task to find blue suede shoes for a toddler. If you find a source, let me know. There's always next year!

In the mean time, you can shop for Arlo's Christmas present right here.

No comments: