Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Mom & Me

My mom took me to a New Kids On The Block concert last Thursday, at the Mark (now called the iwireless center?) in Moline. This is a picture of us from the show, just before the Kids took the stage.

I decided to post this instead of all the grainy zoom shots I tried to capture of the NKOTB waaaaaay down there on the stage, not just because my camera battery died right after I took this photo and the zoom attempts were made with my cameraphone (yyyyeah, not so much), but also because this is what the concert was all about for me. Spending some quality time with my mom, whom I love dearly no matter what differences of opinion we have. We always have so much fun together--and truly, no one *gets* me the way that my mom does.

Thanks (a little bit late) for a great "Girls' Night Out," Mom!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

mark said...

I'm looking forward to more posts on your differences of opinion.

Scooteur said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Scooteur said...

I struggle with this one. As outspoken as I am in person about politics and social justice, I know that my family checks in on my blog to keep up with me and the kids, and to see how we Knightses are doing as a family. While I do take the opportunity, occasionally, to post carefully chosen words about political issues, I don't generally want to parade my family disagreements in front of the whole world. It's not that I am hiding my opinions--I'm "out and proud" when it comes to being a bleeding-heart liberal, and my parents are pretty outspoken about their conservative GOP views. I guess I just want to keep it from being personal when it's in the public eye.

Which is all a way of saying, "Don't hold your breath."

writermom said...

What a special memory to have with your mom. I wonder what concerts we will take our daughters to in 30 or so years?....