Tuesday, March 24, 2009

What Arlo thinks of his mom

I saw this interview-your-kid exercise on Facebook. I thought maybe I'd post it on Facebook, but since I've got this here Blogger machine hooked up to pipe my blog posts onto my FB page, I'm a-fixin' to kill two Internet birds with one stone.

What my kid thinks of me.
Saturday, March 21, at 3:43pm

Copy this note, ask your kid the questions and write down the answers exactly as they say them. Tag me back if you do this. I'd love to hear yours.

Here are Arlo's answers (he's 4 and a half):
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Me: What is something Mom always says to you?
Arlo: "Be Nice."

Me: What makes Mom happy?
Arlo: Being nice.

Me: What makes Mom sad?
Arlo: Like doing things that I don't do for you.

Me: How does your Mom make you laugh?
Arlo: Tickle me.

Me: What was Mom like as a little girl?
Arlo: Being a baby.

Me: How old is your Mom?
Arlo: 60. Dad is a hundred.

Me: How tall is your Mom?
Arlo: Big.

Me: What is her favorite thing to do?
Arlo: Clean.

Me: What does your Mom do when you're not around?
Arlo: Go to work.

Me: If your Mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
Arlo: I don't know. Cause that would make me real real REAL happy.

Me: What is your mom really good at?
Arlo: Being a mom.

Me: What is your mom not very good at?
Arlo: No.

Me: What does your mom do for her job?
Arlo: Do work.

Me: What is your mom's favorite food?
Arlo: Veggies.

Me: What makes you proud of your mom?
Arlo: She makes pictures.

Me: If your mom was a cartoon character, who would she be?
Arlo: Word Girl.

Me: What do you and Mom do together?
Arlo: Clean.

Me: How are you and your mom the same?
Arlo: Like to do puzzles.

Me: How are you and your mom different?
Arlo: Nope.

Me: How do you know your mom loves you?
Arlo: Because you love me.

Me: Where is your mom's favorite place to go?
Arlo: Home.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like he has it all figured out, all right. Maybe L will do this with Ava.

Anonymous said...

I love his responses, especially the one about how he knows you love him. That's faith, baby!

My verification word is: numpho. I find that amusing.

Scooteur said...

I like that you share your verification words with us. I am often amused by mine, too.

Right now I am about to type "vologie" to confirm my post.

Mara said...

That is just too cute for words! My Fave is Word Girl cartoon character. I can just imagine it now - it's kind of a nerdy superhero, no? That's totally you.

Scooteur said...

I don't know what would be better: if Arlo made up Word Girl, or if she already existed.

For the uninitiated, I give you:
http://pbskids.org/wordgirl/

That is all.

Mara said...

That is cute! Although I was envisioning more of a Sarah Vowell type with a cape and jaunty glasses.