Monday, March 02, 2009

Stimulate Your Visual Cortex Today

As a fundraising writer, I spend a lot of my day dithering around in the region of my brain that handles language, logic, and persuasion. It's common knowledge that only a relatively small part of the brain is responsible for language processing. And that this region lies around the sylvian fissure: the deep fold in the brain lying roughly parallel to and above a line from the outside corner of the eye to the middle of the ear.

I mean, that's just basic everyday brain mapping, right?

(Just kidding. I lifted that info from a Harvard Medical School newsletter for the neurosciences, called "On The Brain." Anyway.)

I need--and relish--occasional breaks from the cramped quarters of the sylvian fissure of my brain. For that reason, I was tickled to find this on flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/explore/interesting/7days

Go here, look at pictures, breathe, then go back to work. Lather, rinse, repeat.

No comments: