Monday, June 02, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!


Saturday was my birthday, and I have to say (in spite of the fact that I am still waiting for the most important birthday gift--and I am holding out hope), it was one of my happiest birthdays yet. I feel good about being 32. In some ways, I feel younger than I did at 30 or 31... and I am at peace with this whole "getting older" thing. Well, except for when I catch sight of my forehead in the rearview mirror--the furrow between my eyebrows is my most troublesome wrinkle. But really. I'm okay with that.

I'm posting pics of the angora scarf that T knitted and gave me for my birthday. I love the bright teal color, and cannot get over how soft it is. Like wrapping a bunny around my neck. You know, a boneless, unconscious bunny. I look forward to wearing this when the weather gets cooler.

Most of my favorite people celebrated my birthday with me this year, from the coworkers who brought treats to the office on Friday to the gal pals I had lunch with Friday, to the local farmers who sold me veggies at the farmers' market on Saturday morning and the friends and families that attended a potluck birthday party at our house Saturday night. We even played hooky from church on Sunday, making for one of the most relaxed weekends in recent memory.

Thanks, everyone. 32 is going to be a good year.

1 comment:

Ms. Mayhem said...

Happy Birthday to you...happy birthday to you... Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend!