Thursday, June 26, 2008

Evil. Genius.

This morning on WXRT Chicago (I listen to it online), I heard Suzanne Vega's song "Tom's Diner," and I have effectively been sentenced to at least three days' worth of "doo de do do do do do dooo, do de do do do do dooo dooo" running in a loop through my brain. Okay, fine. It's an amazing song, and I salute you, Ms. Vega for the insidious simplicity of the tune. It is sticky like peanut butter.

This morning I have also heard on XRT: CCR's "Green River," The Stones' "Brown Sugar," Weezer's new song "Troublemaker," that song by Snow Patrol that was used so liberally on Grey's Anatomy a couple seasons back ("if I just liiiie here, would you lie wiiiith me...."), Death Cab for Cutie, and Dire Straits' "Money for Nothing."

I guess what I'm saying is, this radio station rawks my wrrrld, yo. Since rediscovering it online a couple of weeks ago, I fully recognize why my radio knob NEVER MOVED from the 93 frequency during our entire stay in Chicago in our newlywed days.

Thank goodness for Internet radio. Check it ouuuuut!

2 comments:

Scooteur said...

Addendum:

I also like that they play INXS. It seems like the rest of the world has forgotten INXS and (bless his soul) Michael Hutchence. I was a heeyoooge fan of INXS through middle school and high school. I had the DOOR POSTER from the album "Kick" in my room, dudes, and swooned over it regularly.

Scooteur said...

Disclaimer:

"New Releases Thursday" might get you in serious financial trouble if a) you are hungry for good new music; and b) you have easy access and one-click purchasing on iTunes.