Monday, April 28, 2008

Coveted Item


Every time I go rooting around in my knitting supplies, looking for a specific size of needles to start a new project, I think to myself, "Gee, it sure would be nice if I just had a full set of interchangeable needle tips and cables! Wouldn't that make life easier?"
These are the prettiest ones I've seen, and they come from my favorite knitting supplier (um, not counting my new favorite hangout in Iowa City, the Home Ec Workshop), KnitPicks.com. I already own a single pair of these, a circular #2--and they are a dream to knit with. The tips are nice and sharp, which make a lot of maneuvers easier--and having knitted recently with needles that were too blunt for my liking, I can say with absolute certainty that it really makes a difference, especially if you're working a lace pattern with a lot of slip-slip-knits (ssk's) involved.
My apologies to my non-knitting readers--I know that a lot of this means nothing to you--but to one non-knitting reader in particular (yeah, you): please allow me to point out that both Mother's Day AND my birthday are coming up this month. I'm making it very easy on you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, OK, Jen, but when I tell Leah she's getting a $5 gift card to Java House for Mother's Day because I didn't have any money left over after getting you new knitting needles, prepare for the you-know-what to hit the fan!